Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Number of books you may borrow:
- Undergraduate students (1st – 3rd year students) - 6 books for 14 Days
- Honors/4th year students - 10 books for 20 days
- Postgraduate students (Masters and PhD students/researchers) -15 books for 30 Days
If the book you are looking for is not on the shelf, the following procedure applies:
- Check that the book is not at the back or on the trolleys by the study area
- Check that the book is not in front of the information specialists’ desk (this is common with new books)
If you still can’t find the book, the person who was assisting you will ask you to fill in a missing book form. Please provide us with the following details:
- Your name;
- Your student number;
- Your email address;
- Your cell phone / telephone number
If the book you are looking for has been checked out, you have the option of placing a hold on it. This means that you will be notified as soon as the book is returned.
The following procedure applies:
- Go to the record of the book you are looking for
- You will be asked to log in with your University Portal details
- You will also be asked to select the location you want the book to be picked up
- Then submit
You may encounter books we refer to as reference books. These are books that cannot be taken out of the Library, such as Dictionaries and Thesauri. You will know a book is a reference book from the Call Number, the book will have an N before the number.
||100 contemporary artists = 100 zeitgenössische Künstler = 100 artistes contemporains / edited by Hans Werner Holzwarth.
||Köln : Taschen, c2009.
GV Books, also called study collection books are the books that students and staff can check out for only 2 hours. The GV/Study Collection is located opposite Xerox on the 3rd Floor (Main Entrance).
An example of a GV/Study Collection Book is the following:
||Art, design, and visual culture : an introduction / Malcolm Barnard.
||London : Macmillan, 1998.
Beyond Continuity by
Call Number: 791.430233 CYBULSKI
Publication Date: 2014-03-17
Call Number: 745.6 HELLER
Publication Date: 2012-11-12
Call Number: MAM 792.0233 KAHN
Publication Date: 1995-07-06