Skip to Main Content

Mining Engineering: Research Tools

Publishing tools: Where can I publish my research?


Accredited journals are recognized research output which meet specified criteria and therefore qualify for subsidisation by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). To receive subsidy or recognition for an article you have written, you should select a journal which is accredited from the Accredited journal list below:

Please contact your information specialist to obtain journal citation reports or potential publishing in research area-specific journals.

If you are not sure, ask your Information Specialist Mr Aphane Katlego

Open Access Publishing

SANLiC has negotiated and signed a number of agreements for South African Higher Education Institutions. The list of current negotiated agreements is now available allowing South Africans to publish in Gold Open Access journals. 

The Department of Library Services (DLS) is also part of the SANLiC agreements and has recently signed the Transformational Agreements (TAs) also known as Read and Publish (R&P) agreements with these publishers: Wiley, Hindawi, Emerald,  Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), American Chemical Society (ACS), Springer Nature, Institute of Physics (IOP), and Oxford Journals Online, Elsevier (ScienceDirect)

The DLS currently supports researchers with Article Processing Charges (APCs) also known as publication fees. 

These APCs and TAs/ R & P agreements are efforts to advance open science practices and to increase Gold Open Access Publishing at the University of Pretoria.


Plagiarism, Copyright & Turnitin