Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Tips before you start
Tips before you start with your post-graduate studies
- Find a topic that is current, or a new angle on a topic by reading, and looking at news and other media
- Read and READ some more
- Update your computer skills
- Learn to type if needed
- Update your Word processing skills
- Learn how to use a reference manager
- Learn how to find and use the library resources
- Ask your information specialist @ the library for assistance
- Familiarise yourself with the different steps in the research process by consulting research methodology books
Endnote This link opens in a new windowEndNote is the industry standard software tool for publishing and managing bibliographies, citations and references on the Windows and Macintosh desktop.
- If you are renaming PDF files : use either the Author name and part of the title or the title only
- If naming your Chapters in your thesis or the versions of your article always include a date to ensure you can identify the latest version of the document
Access to library before registration
Contact your information specialist to assist with access to the PDF files of journal articles
Mrs Sonja Delport,
THED (PU vir CHO); Dip. in Special Education(UNISA)
Information Specialist for Early Childhood Education and Humanities Education
+27 12 420 5545
Media Building Room 3-10 (Level 3), Groenkloof Campus
Ms Maggie Moropane, Secondary Teacher's Diploma (Dr C.N. Phatudi College of Education); BA (Pret).
Information Specialist for Education Management & Policy Studies and Science Mathematics & Technology Education
Tel.: +27 12 420 5565
Office: Media Building, Room 3-7 (Level 3), Groenkloof Campus
Ms Liesl Stieger BBibl (NWU), Hons. Industrial Psychology (NWU), Masters Knowledge Management (UP).
Information Specialist for Educational Psychology
Tel.: +27 12 420 5559
Office: Media Building Room 2-34 (Level 2), Groenkloof Campus
Finding a topic
Contact the Department where you intend to do your studies
Find out at your department if they have topic suggestions that correlate with the supervisor expertise. They might be busy with research project that you can contribute too.
REMEMBER to make backups and use a file name with date!!!
Research Methodology Books