Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the training session !
1. Sort out at Information Desk Level 3 or by Chat to a Librarian:
- UP portal password
- to log on to campus computers and wifi
- access library electronic resources
- access your library account to renew books
- Email - combine your email addresses
2. M&D students need to register for an ORCID id
3. Your computer:
- Google Scholar settings:
- Bibliographic manager - Endnote
- Libraries – Choose Pretoria
- Download and install Endnote.
4. Familiarize yourself with:
- Cloud storage eg. Google Drive, Dropbox
5. Sign In / Create Accounts to all the databases you are regularly using.
Please familiarize yourself with the Library Homepage:
- Libraries and Units tabs: Branch libraries and library units information.
- Services tab: Plagiarism, general library training etc.
- Search tab: Where to find databases, electronic reference works, Subject Guides, etc.
- News & Events tab:
- Find Help tab: Book a Virtual Appointment with you subject librarian
Scroll down to see shortcuts:
- Library Hours
- Using the Library: Seat and space booking
- Borrow & Request: Renew your books
- Find Help: Virtual Appointments, Subject Guides.
- Most important ... the Search Box.
Find the Library social media at the bottom of the page.
Some Other Guides
Computer requirements, browser settings, etc.
and more ...