Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Development Studies subject guide.
This guide will provide students, researchers and staff with access to subject and information resources.
South African SDG Hub
"The South African SDG Hub is a metaplatform that aggregates the best and most relevant research on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) from South African and selected non-South African universities. Our machine-learning-based classification tool classifies research in terms of one or more of the SDGs. Our mission is to increase the impact of research published on universities' institutional repositories.
The South African SDG Hub is a national resource hosted by the Albert Luthuli Leadership Institute at the University of Pretoria.
The platform currently contains more than 330 000 research items, with tens of thousands of these research items classified in terms of one or more of the SDGs."
2021 LIBRARY ACCESS
Our library staff members are doing everything possible to help you access our books under lockdown regulations.
- Need a book? Use the search function to check whether we've got the electronic version of the book in our collection: http://www.library.up.ac.za/index.htm
- If the hard copy is available and you have permission to be on campus, follow the following procedure to place the book on hold: https://www.up.ac.za/department-of-library-services/news/post_2930515-need-a-library-book-place-it-on-hold
- Please note that books from the Study Collection (GV) and reference books (N) may not be placed on hold. Please submit a digitisation request for these resources.
- If you do not have permission to be on campus, you may still request that part of the book be digitised (within copyright regulations). For assistance with book digitisation follow the following procedure:
- To stay aware of how we can help you succeed, make sure you are following and engaging with the UP Library on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter.