The Study Collection is also referred to as the Reserved Collection. Books in high demand (prescribed and recommended textbooks) are located in this collection.
Location: The Study Collection is on Level 3 of the main library. After entering in the library foyer, turn left past security guards' desk and walk straight through the glass doors. The Study Collection is situated opposite Xerox.
Shelf numbers in this collection start with GV, e.g. A Glossary of Literary Terms, 11th ed. / Abrams and Harpham is in the Study Collection with the following shelf number: GV 803 ABRAMS.
|Policy for the use of material in the Study Collection
- Only two items, for a period of two hours will be issued per student, from the Reserved Collection.
- Study collection books cannot be renewed.
- Books can be issued overnight, but only two hours before the library closes. These books must be returned the following morning when the library opens at 07:30am.
- A fine of R5-00 per item per hour or part thereof will be imposed if the loan period is exceeded.
- If the library is closed, a book return box is available to the right of the main entrance.
- Service to students with outstanding fines will be suspended.
- Students are held responsible for books issued to them and any costs for replacing lost or damaged books will be for the student’s account.
- A receipt is issued as validation of return.
Link to Study Collection homepage