Procedure for requesting software to install on personal computer:
UP registered students can request software (including To have IBM SPSS, Atlas.ti, Qualtrics and Stata) on the Service Management Automation portlet on the UP portal by typing the software name on the search tab, then Request Service then follow the prompts.
Download Free software on personal computer.
Software on Research Commons computers
1. Log in to your UP student portal.
2. Select the 'Service Mngt Automation (SMAX)' tile
3. Once SMAX has opened, type 'atlas.ti' in the search box and hit 'ENTER'.
4. The search results should show a result that looks similar to the image below. Click on 'REQUEST SERVICE' at the relevant search result.
5. Once the form opens up, click on 'Submit'. (There is no need to fill in additional details.)
7. Once the request has been processed (which is usually within a couple of hours), you should be able to (using your @tuks.co.za or @up.ac.za credentials) log in to an installed version of ATLAS.ti on your computer.
Need assistance with Statistical Analysis using SPSS, R, PYTHON, STATA or SAS?
There is a pool of academics and researchers ready to assist with your data analysis needs, whether it be for your thesis, dissertation, journal article or book manuscript.
Contact Mikateko Ngobeni
at Mikateko.Ngobeni@up.ac.za with the details and your request will be allocated to a facilitator in your field of study.