Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Postgraduate students and Lectures of the University of Pretoria.
- Only per booking (two weeks in advance)
For use by academic staff and guest speakers Book launches
- Not Allowed:
- No eating or drinking inside the venue- Only bottled water allowed
- No catering services provided by Research Commons Staff
- No cash bar is allowed
- Host/Supervisor must make additional arrangements for use of SmartBoard. Research Commons staff will not assist during presentations
- It is the responsibility of the host to ensure that the venue is returned in an acceptable and tidy state and to ensure that caterers remove catering equipment in a timely fashion. In cases where another function is scheduled for shortly after or the following morning, caterers must then tidy up directly after the function to ensure the other caterers can setup etc.
- If you want to arrange for guests to get access through the main gate of the university or for parking please contact Lucille Weyer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0836253097
- Please ask for the Application for Serving Alcoholic beverages form if you intend to serve liquor.
- We do not accept any responsibility or liability in the case of power outages, student unrests or any other situation outside of our control.
- Book at least two weeks in advance
- Can be used by Library staff for staff meetings
- PhD defences
- No students without supervisors. Not a group or discussion room
- No eating and only bottled water allowed
- We do not provide catering services
- Supervisor must make additional arrangements for use of Star/Smart Board.
Research Commons: Group Rooms: Terms & Conditions
- These rooms are to be used for group (4+ people) discussions by registered UP postgraduate students and staff only.
- These rooms are booked on a "First come, First served" basis at the information desk in the Research Commons or on the library web page (https://up-za.libcal.com/spaces?lid=5958) or with the QR-Code.
- No scheduled lectures are allowed.
- Access to the Library is obtained via your university card. If you want to arrange for guests to get access through the main gate of the university or for parking please contact Lucille Weyer at: email@example.com or 0836253097
- Group bookings will be canceled five (5) minutes after the initial booking time if the group has not arrived.
- All rooms must be vacated fifteen (15) minutes prior to the Library closing.
- Only one booking per group per day is allowed. You may book a maximum of 2 hours per room.
- The room may not be used for non-academic purposes. It may not be used for political meetings or church gatherings.
- The person who booked the room and signed for the key takes the responsibility for the condition of the room and the conduct of the group.
- The responsible student’s student card will also be held until the end of the session.
- Only bottled water may be taken into the rooms. No food allowed and a liquor license is NOT available.
- If you have problems booking a room, contact the Information Desk at +27 (0)12 420 5259.
- The Library is not responsible for loss or damage of items left unattended in the room or in the case of power outages.
- If you do not adhere to our terms and conditions or book a room for someone else in your name, you will be blacklisted and your services suspended.