- 4 Enoch: The Online Encyclopedia of Second Temple Judaism and Christian Origins
4 Enoch offers a comprehensive and authoritative introduction to scholarly research in Second Temple Judaism and Christian Origins, i.e. from Ezekiel to the completion of the New Testament and the Mishnah. A website by Gabriele Boccaccini, PhD.
- Ancient Roman Baths
Bathing played a major part in ancient Roman culture and society. Bathing was one of the most common daily activities in Roman culture, and was practiced across a wide variety of social classes.
- Associations in the Greco-Roman World: A Companion to the Sourcebook
- A web site companion to the bok Associations in the Greco-Roman World: A Sourcebook
- Children in the Ancient World and the Early Middle Ages. A Bibliography
Children in the Ancient World and the Early Middle Ages. A Bibliography for Scholars and Students
- Classics resources in Internet
Classics resources in Internet; a variety of links to various topics
- Digital Resources for Religion in Late Antiquity
Digital Resources for Religion in Late Antiquity
Materials for the Study of Women and Gender in the Ancient World
- Dynamics of Identity in the World of the Early Christians
- Website companion to Dynamics of Identity in the World of the Early Christians: Associations, Judeans, and Cultural Minorities (by Philip A. Harland, 2009).
- Electronic Resources for Classicists
Developed and maintained by Maria Pantelia, University of California, Irvine.
- Hanson, Palestine in the Times of Jesus
- Palestine in the Time of Jesus: Social Structures and Social Conflicts
- Hellenistic History and Culture
Full text of Green, Peter, editor. Hellenistic History and Culture. Berkeley: University of California Press, c1993 1993
This is a web site with links to early Christian Writings and their social word.
- Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
A tremendous ‘sourcebook’ for investigating ancient history
- Religions of the Ancient Mediterranean
Religions of the Ancient Mediterranean; a Blog by Philip Harland, containing several Podcasts
- Ritual and Ceremony
- Ritual and Ceremony in the Ancient Mediterranean and Near East: A Select Classified Bibliography (1970–1998)
- Rome interactive
another megasite, this one focusing on Rome
- Second Temple Synagogues
Second Temple Synagogues—that is, synagogues which existed prior to the Jerusalem Temple’s destruction in year 70 of the Common Era (CE = AD).
- The Duke Papyrus Archive
The Duke Papyrus Archive provides electronic access to texts about and images of nearly 1400 papyri from ancient Egypt
- The Roman Law Library
The Roman Law Library; great resource
- Writing in Egypt under Greek and Roman Rule
A brief intro to writing in Egypt under Greek and Roman rule