Books in high demand (prescribed and recommended textbooks) are located in this collection.
This is a closed collection and only enrolled students and appointed staff may borrow books from this collection. Therefore, unfortunately it is not available to any other library external user(Alumni members included)
Policy for the use of material in the Study Collection
- Only two items, for a period of two hours will be issued per student, from the Study Collection.
- Study collection books cannot be renewed.
- Books can be issued overnight, but only two hours before the library closes. These books must be returned the following morning when the library opens.
- A fine of R5-00 per item per hour or part thereof will be imposed if the loan period is exceeded.
- If the library is closed, a book return box is available to the right of the main entrance.
- Service to students with outstanding fines will be suspended.
- Frequent and/or very late returns will be dealt with according to policy.
- A 15 minute waiting period is applicable before borrowing the same book again.
- Students are held responsible for books issued to them and any costs for replacing lost or damaged books will be for the student’s account.
- A receipt is issued as validation of return.
Group Discussion rooms
- Four group study rooms are available for use.
- The rooms have electrical outlets and wireless connectivity.
- Bookings are made online, for groups of three or more students.
- Each session may last up to two hours only. Thereafter the keys should be returned to prevent fines.
- Students who arrive 15 minutes after the booking time will forfeit the booking.
- Please have your student card at hand as you will need it to make the booking.
- Eating in the rooms is strictly prohibited.
- The Library rules regarding silence are also applicable.
Search for prescribed books