Books in high demand (prescribed and recommended textbooks) are located in this collection.
Policy for the use of material in the Study Collection
- Only two items, for a period of two hours will be issued per student, from the Study Collection.
- Study collection books cannot be renewed.
- Books can be issued overnight, but only two hours before the library closes. These books must be returned the following morning when the library opens.
- A fine of R5-00 per item per hour or part thereof will be imposed if the loan period is exceeded.
- If the library is closed, a book return box is available to the right of the main entrance.
- Service to students with outstanding fines will be suspended.
- Frequent and/or very late returns will be dealt with according to policy.
- A 15 minute waiting period is applicable before borrowing the same book again.
- Students are held responsible for books issued to them and any costs for replacing lost or damaged books will be for the student’s account.
- A receipt is issued as validation of return.
Group Discussion rooms
- Four group study rooms are available for use.
- The rooms have electrical outlets and wireless connectivity.
- Bookings are made online, for groups of three or more students.
- Each session may last up to two hours only. Thereafter the keys should be returned to prevent fines.
- Students who arrive 15 minutes after the booking time will forfeit the booking.
- Please have your student card at hand as you will need it to make the booking.
- Eating in the rooms is strictly prohibited.
- The Library rules regarding silence are also applicable.
Area for students with special needs
- There is a designated area for students with special needs in the Study Collection unit.
Search for prescribed books
Get Social With Us