Data analysis is the most crucial part of any research. Data analysis summarizes collected data. It involves the interpretation of data gathered through the use of analytical and logical reasoning to determine patterns, relationships or trends.
* Did you capture and code your data in the right manner?
*Do you have all data or missing data?
* Do you have enough observations?
* Do you have any outliers? If yes, what is the remedy for outlier?
* Does your data have the potential to answer your questions?
* Visualize your data, e.g. charts, tables, and graphs, to mention a few.
* Identify patterns, correlations, and trends
* Test your hypotheses
* Let your data tell a story
Reports the results
* Communicate and interpret the results
* Conclude and recommend
* Your targeted audience must understand your results
* Use more datasets and samples
* Use accessible and understandable data analytical tool
* Do not delegate your data analysis
* Clean data to confirm that they are complete and free from errors
* Analyze cleaned data
* Understand your results
* Keep in mind who will be reading your results and present it in a way that they will understand it
* Share the results with the supervisor oftentimes