To be a leading research library in Africa, internationally recognised for advancing inquiry, excellence in teaching and learning, and innovation for the greater good.
The Department of Library Services will enable discovery, innovation and collaboration, and connects people with quality resources, expertise and diverse spaces. It will support student success, enable research that matters, and bring people together to experiment, explore and create new knowledge in an accessible and enabling environment.
- We recognise our users as our primary focus.
- We believe in excellence, inclusivity and equity of access.
- We cherish academic freedom, creative and innovative thought, ethical standards and integrity, accountability and social justice.
- We foster an atmosphere that encourages diversity and lifelong learning in a welcoming and conducive environment.
- We encourage intentional partnerships to achieve shared goals.
- We are committed to being stewards of our human, environmental, financial, physical and digital resources.