Copyright is a 'bundle' of exclusive rights, given to authors and creators, to protect their original works (i.e. literary, musical, and artistic works, cinematograph films, sound recordings, published editions and computer software). It is not the 'right' of the user to copy!
- The DLS supports students and staff with copyright clearance services for copyrighted material
- Copyright services include dealing with a number of cases that relates to copyright infringement.
- Services include supporting users to gain access to copyrighted material
- Guide, advise, and consult users in using copyrighted material,
- Provide support in the implementation and adoption of copyright clearance workflow across faculties
- Provide referral and collaborative support with Contracts and Innovation Team on compliance, Intellectual Property and ownership