Facilities for users with physical and learning disabilities
A designated lab on level 3 of the Merensky 2 Library (Study Collection Unit) houses equipment intended to serve students with visual learning disabilities. This lab currently has 4 computers:
- One computer using Zoomtext for students with low vision.
- Two computers using JAWS (Job Access With Speech), one of which is connected to a fine reader scanner, for blind students.
- One Desk Magnifier enlarging words from books/articles for visually impaired students.
- One computer using WYNN (WYNN was developed with the help of special educators and individuals with learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dysgraphia and aphasia) for students with cognitive and learning disabilities.
- The WYNN program is also effective for studying use by students suffering from ADHD or Dyslexia, as it facilitates the reading process and helps the student make effective summaries.
- Desks have been installed on the prescribed level that can accommodate students in wheelchairs.
- There is also a printer available in the lab.