Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Access & Passwords
Access to Library Buildings
- An active UP user's card is needed to access the Library.
- Please note that each user may only have one active library record.
- Registered students and appointed staff are automatically registered as library members and will have access.
- Students use their respective current student cards.
- All students are automatically registered as a member of the Library.
- Student cards serve as Library cards and allow access to UP libraries.
- Registration with the library is activated the day after registration at the Faculty.
- Student records with long overdue library material or outstanding bills will be blocked by the library. This will prevent - exam results being released; academic records printed; degree certificates issued or registration for the next semester, until the problem is resolved.
- It is a multifunctional card and allows printing, internet access and borrowing library material.
- Staff use their current staff cards for all library services.
All other users see Borrowing Privileges.
Access to e-Resources
According to licence agreements with our suppliers all registered students, appointed UP staff and walk-in library visitors have access to our e-Resources on campus. However, off campus access to e-Resources is limited to registered students and appointed UP staff only.
Please check your borrowing privileges if in doubt.
To access e-Resources & your Library record, please use the same credentials as for your "My TUKS Login" / "UP Portal Login".
For further assistance, please click here.
Copyright © Department of Library Services 2021. All rights reserved.