- Courtesy notices will be sent to your UP portal e-mail address 3 days before the items are due.
- The library is not liable for non–receipt of these mails. Keep your email address up to date in your portal.
- Long overdue items will suspend your borrowing privileges. This also applies to Interlending libraries and records.
- Academic records will be blocked.
- Visit "My Library Account" to verify due dates.
- All late items will accrue fines at present rates. Note that Study loan items’ fines are different from open
- You are liable for all items checked out on your library record including Interlending books.
- On "My Library Account" the fines will be displayed against each item that is late.
Fines may be paid in the following ways:
- Bank card payments in Merensky 2 library.
- At the Student Service Centre when paying with cash. Please get our account details and the relevant reference number beforehand. Present the receipt after payment at the lending section.
- Electronic transfers. Please send proof of payment. (see banking details)
- Deposit at the bank. Please send proof of payment.
Account holder: Univ of Pretoria (Public entity)
Cheque account: 214 000 0038
Branch code: 632 005
Reference code for fines and overdue books: A 06614 / Plus user card number.
Send proof of payment to:
E-mail to email@example.com with your student number.